Start your engines! The GoodGiving Challenge starts Nov. 1, and we here at P.A.W.S are pumped to be participating for the second year in a row! We’ve been getting a lot of questions about what the Challenge is and how it works, so here’s a breakdown of everything you need to know:
1. It is ENTIRELY online! Donations are accepted only through our page on the GoodGiving site, www.goodgivingguide.net/paws. You must use either a debit or credit card.
2. The Challenge is put together by the Bluegrass Community Foundation and Smiley Pete Publishing as a way to promote local non-profits who directly serve YOUR community.
3. In 2011 the Challenge raised over $200,000, and last year it raised over $586,000 for 68 Central Kentucky non-profits. This year 108 organizations are participating, and we’re expecting great things!
4. The minimum donation amount is $25.
5. You can give multiple times throughout the Challenge, to the same non-profit or as many as you would like.
6. If you are not comfortable giving our credit card info online, you can purchase a giving card from the Bluegrass Community Foundation using a form and redeem it online – just like a gift card! If this is how you want to donate, email me at email@example.com and I’ll get you set up.
7. The Challenge runs from November 1 – December 31. There are incentive prizes for donors as well as the opportunities for the non-profits to compete against each other for cash prize! Every week a new contest in announced!
8. Contest #1: The first 10 non-profits to raise $7500 from at least 50 unique donors of $25 or more will win a $7500 matching grant! Last year this contest was won in less than 12 hours. That is why your support early on Nov. 1st is so important to us!
9. The money we raise during this Challenge goes directly to helping companion animals most in need of love and care! With your gift we can purchase medicine for sick dogs and cats, toys and blankets so the animals feel comfortable while they stay with us, and transports to the vet. Everything we do is to give the animals we care for a second chance in life. Please help our furry friends!
10. P.A.W.S will be sharing donor stories, thanking our supporters, giving Challenge updates, and making announcements frequently throughout the Challenge. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and our website so that you won’t miss a thing!
There you have it! If you have questions or still need more information, call or email our Shelter Director Robin at 859-988-9800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.